Meet One Fruity Mama

My photo
TN, United States

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Party Like It's.....2009?



When I was in high school one of the big songs was the Prince hit....Party Like It's 1999. Then it seemed like forever before 1999 and now here it is about to be ten years later. How come it seems like just yesterday that I was in high school. That is more than 20 years ago. When I think of all the changes in the ten years that have passed since 1999, the UPS and DOWNS of life, I realize I have lived alot in that time yet so little means anything. Right now the only thing that matters is my COMMITTMENT to be the Christian that God wants us to be. It is a struggle. For me it is hard to be under authority and rules. I am so strong willed that I want to speak my mind and do things my way. That is NOT what God intended. Through the messages I am learning in Weigh Down I realize that I need to follow authority and rules. It is hard but I CAN DO IT!!!

So this year I won't part like it 1999 but 2009 and have no regrets about the past and a wonderful outlook on 2009.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Gina, I did weigh down several years ago. It did change my views on lots of things.

And the tips for eating, I haven't followed them in a long time. I'm glad you mentioned weigh down.

I pray you have the results you want from the class whether it's weight or faith development, it's good on both counts.

Jennifer