Meet One Fruity Mama

My photo
TN, United States

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Depression

I have for years struggled with depression. I think that when I get very stressed out my body deals with the stress by shutting down and anything negative or upsetting just makes me want to crawl in the bed under the covers and shut down. I have been in this struggle lately. I often wonder during these times where my God is? I also wonder at these times if I am even good enough to call him "My God"? I know this is true and that God will never leave me or forsake me. What is happening is an attack of faith. God doesn't promise all blue skies and rainbows and what I need to remember is that he will never leave me or forsake me. Like he would never leave or forsake anyone else.

3 comments:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Hi there....thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Very nice to meet you.

Shane said...

I too struggle. What has helped me recently is study the names of God and His attribute. God never asks us to be "good enough" instead he says "my grace is enough" (2 Corinthians 12). Here are 2 resources I have found very helpful in my studies, "He is My Freedom" by Debbie Alsdorf and "Trusting in the Names of God" by Catherine Martin. Praying for you tonight. ~Shane

Jewel Allen said...

Without sorrow, we would not experience joy.

Good luck and may you have brighter days ahead. :-)