Meet One Fruity Mama

My photo
TN, United States

Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's Me Again

This has been a crazy week. A week full of surprises and blessings that I plan to share with you soon. I have had a full "platter" as I often laughingly say and the last three days have been more full than others. In three days I have...had meetings of two clubs I am President of (I know most people aren't President of one club and I take on two in the same year), served as hostess for a Membership Luncheon for the Symphony League, chaired a girl's pageant, and served as concession coordinator for the Womanless Beauty Review for my daughter's 8th grade trip fund. So now has I sit here typing this I am both exhausted and relieved. I can now focus on my last "big" project of the year and start my decorating for the holidays. I plan on hosting no less than six parties this Christmas season and have lots to do to get ready.

Some people may question my sanity in doing this but I love it. I love being busy. A good nap and I am refreshed. It is one of my greatest strengths and biggest weaknesses. But God made us to serve. While I am far more blessed by what I do...it is my honor to do for others in serving. So with my full platter I become a little more "fruity". I receive the fruits of love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, and gentleness when I do. So my platter maybe full but so is my life and my heart.

1 comment:

cornnut32 said...

wow! you are way ambitious!

i think being busy is a great thing. i have to be careful not to be too busy or i get burned out, though. i've found being busy makes me happier, because i have less time to be bored and waste my days. being involved in clubs and things is great as well because you have that social interaction.