Meet One Fruity Mama

My photo
TN, United States

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Beautiful and Blessed

No, I am saying that I am beautiful with the title of my post. Cute or fluffy as my husband made the mistake of saying one time might describe but definitely not beautiful. What is beautiful was this day and I was blessed to experience it. God brings us to a point where we need to be and we can make the choice to be blessed or bummed...always choose the blessing.
God is bringing a new season to our family life. I am saddened that we have been called to leave Thrive Community Church. It is a good church...sadly it was not a good church for us at this time. My girls were not growing....not flourishing in the word. We are like a wolf in that we need to run in packs....and for my two teenagers that means packs of girls. Also Thrive was suffering from growing pains and that meant no youth minister. So we had to find a church where my girls could find their pack. Finding a new church home is hard. We have attended several churches in the last few years and I am discouraged by this. I do not want to be a CHURCH HOPPER however I do want to grow. I am praying that in this season we will find the place for us.
Today we visited Engelwood Baptist Church. It was our second time to attend on a Sunday morning. The preacher is young and energetic. He is preaching an AWESOME series on marriage. Today he preached that the most important issue in a marriage in a personal relationship with GOD. I was pricked. My relationship is lagging. My earnest prayer is a closeness with him that will bring a closeness with my husband. Our next step with Engelwood will be to visit a Sunday School class and the girls to visit youth.
I have no idea what God has in store for us but I do know that God has a plan. I am just to be still and listen. Man what an order for me. More on that tomorrow.

No comments: