Meet One Fruity Mama

My photo
TN, United States

Monday, October 27, 2008

My Wife Swap Dreams

One of my guilty little pleasures in life is Reality Shows. From Survivor to Project Runway to American Idol I love to watch most all of these shows. Two of my favorites are Wife Swap and Trading Spouses. However I am far from convinced that these two shows deal with much reality at all.

I have often wondered if anyone would want to trade with me. Not much glamour in a wife/spouse that works, does laundry, cooks, cleans, does more laundry, takes care of two teenagers, a husband, two dogs, far to many volunteer projects and does more laundry. Maybe I could be that crazy wife that yells to much or needs to lose weight. As far as "ME TIME" wouldn't it be exciting to watch me take a nap (my favorite thing to do). I am convinced that a rating blockbusters I would not be.

Then I stop and think why would I even want to swap. My job, while not perfect, does allow me flexibility and the chance to carry my dog to work with me. To say I will never give Martha Stewart or Rachel Ray a run for their money, the cooking and cleaning do get done. My children and husband are an absolute joy that I haven't killed...YET. As for the volunteer projects there would be a simple answer to that...say NO.....but the word seems impossible for me to say.

So I think I will keep my own reality. It is better that anyone on tv can imagine. So while the grass may look greener on the other side.....there is still laundry to do.

No comments: