Meet One Fruity Mama

My photo
TN, United States

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Wonder of It All

I love religion. I often said that if could go back to school with time and money being no problem I would study religion. I am amazed by the tradition and customs of the many religions, as well as, the beliefs that they hold. Recently, I have been webcasting with a wonderful church called Remnant Fellowship (http://www.remnantfellowship.org). They are located in Brentwood, TN. They have many beliefs and traditions that I do not understand but the past fourty days have been spent celebrating the days of awe leading up to the Feast of Harvest. It is based on Moses time spent with God on the mountain and his return. It is also meant to remind us to spend time getting ourselves right with God and then the celebration of his blessings.

I often don't celebrate God's blessings enough. I know I am blessed but I look at all my troubles and not enough at my blessings. It is the human side to us that makes us like that but I need more dependence. I get tired of hearing myself complain but I keep right on. Today I am making a pact..with myself, my God, and my readers. That for the next 24 hours I will not complain. I will disagree calmly if needed but complain I will not do. I will count my blessings and times I feel lead to complain...I WILL COUNT THEM. Then I am sure I will sit back at the Wonder of it All.

Blessings;
Gina

2 comments:

Heather Palacios said...

To not complain the next 24 hrs...I need to join you on that journey. Thx for puttin' it out there. I added you to my blogroll, be honored to be added to yours. Have a BLESSED 24 hours!!!

Rob said...

I also webcast with Remnant Fellowship - from Michigan - and in addition have visited the church building in TN. It is well worth the trip to meet some fabulous people and get your questions answered. EVERYONE has a testimony of how their life is for the better. The Days of Awe were magnificent - God has moved mightily in my life since connecting with the church, and especially in these Days of Awe.

Thanks for the sweet post.