Meet One Fruity Mama

My photo
TN, United States

Monday, January 5, 2009

Masks

At Halloween and other times we buy and wear masks. Some are scary, some are funny, some are of characters. However I have determined that we all wear masks everyday of our lives. Right now I have been wearing the mask of happiness when I have been at the door of a deep depression. I have fought depression for years and medication, prayer, and God have all keep me functioning at times. Depression is something that is very hard to admit. The fact that it is more present in our life, at times, than God is even harder.

In depression we feel that God is not hearing us. That alone, we face the struggle of whatever is weighing most on us. In Habakkuk we read of his struggle There is a verse that stuck with me in Habakkuk:

Fig trees may not grow figs, and there may be no grapes on the vines. There may be no olives growing and no food growing in the fields. There may be no sheep in the pens and no cattle in the barns. But I will still be glad in the Lord; I will rejoice in God my Savior.

Habakkuk 3:17-18

So this reminds that God never turns away. I can Go to God with my questions and my struggles. I may not have all the answers, but in finding God, You know the one who does.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Gina, this is huge!

What you said is so true and i can relate. When I was diagnosed with depression, when i would tell it, they would look in disbelief and some would say, well if YOU are we all are. My reputation out and about is the one with the rosy glasses, and I have them on for others but struggle and don't have a rosey mirror.

And sadly sometimes that happiness on the outside is true and deep but sometimes its just because I don't want to be someone that seems bitter and sad. And bitter I've never been but have been sad and stayed afraid all the time. Afraid of failure,,,anything that came to mind.

As I said, you hang on. I'm about to read about auditions. This REALLY excites me I want you to know. I love plays etc, especially with music and with it being suessical,...it's dr. suess right???