Meet One Fruity Mama

My photo
TN, United States

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Suessical the Musical



I had a grand time this weekend with my husband, two friends and our kids. We went to Playhouse on the Square in Memphis perform Suessical. It was AWESOME!!! First, I must say that I had never attended a POTS performance and I can't wait to attend my next one. The performers were at th
e top of their game and yet afterwards they were so welcoming and approachable. This picture is of my daughter, Emily, my friend's daughter, Allie, and the actors that portrayed Gertrude McFuzz and Horton. I also was able to spend time with the techinical director looking at the sets and props, as well as, some of the "inside info" on lights and sound. I will certainly take this back for my Suessical performance.
The stage they used was really cool. I am looking forward to recreating it for our production. We could have bought their set for JUST a $1000.00 but the cost and the fact it had to be picked up the next morning did not make it feasable. So we have some great folks using their "thinkers" and we will have one great stage to.

No comments: